Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!
Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!
Treetop Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome back to Treetop Whispers, everyone! It has been far too long.
Don't forget to check your Friend Requests and Visitor Messages from time to time!

Chapter 5

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Goldenfur
Legend
Legend
Goldenfur

Prey Points : 3718

Character Sheet
Clan: SkyClan

Chapter 5 Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 5   Chapter 5 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:14 am

Goldenfur was snoozing in her nest dreaming about catching a sparrow, her favourite fresh-kill. She had been tired when she went back to camp and had fallen asleep immediately.
She felt something poking her. “Goldenfur wake up!” Goldenfur opened her eyes sleepily. “Who’s that?” Goldenfur yawned. “It’s me Smallflight,” Smallflight laughed. Goldenfur slowly got up to her feet. She was still sleepy but she didn’t want to let Smallflight know.
“Are you alright? You look tired.” Smallflight meowed in concern. “I’m fine,” Goldenfur said while yawning at the same time, contradicting herself. Smallflight doesn’t look convinced but she nodded. Goldenfur stretched herself and padded out of the den.
She chose a thrush from the fresh-kill pile and dropped it at her favourite eating spot. Smallflight sat beside Goldenfur and ate her black bird. “If you still feel sleepy, you can skip your warrior duties. I’m sure Cloudstar and Sunflame won’t mind.” Goldenfur purred, glad that she has such a caring sister. “No thanks I’m fine. In fact I want to hunt.” Smallflight shrugged “if you are sure.”
Goldenfur turned to her thrush and gobbled it in a few bites. She got up and went to find Sunflame. Goldenfur saw him eating with Cloudstar. She went towards him and meowed. “I would want to be on the hunting patrol if that’s alright.” Sunflame nodded “sure. We will go as soon as I have assigned the rest of the patrols.” Goldenfur nodded and walked away.

As soon as Sunflame finished her meal, he began to assign the patrols. “Goldenfur, Grayfur, Cloudfern and Hawkfang, you will be hunting. Goldenfur will be leading,” Sunflame finished. Goldenfur was surprised. She didn’t expect to be leading a patrol. Grayfur looked at Goldenfur eagerly “so where are we going?” “Let’s go to the forest,” Goldenfur suggested.
They set off for the forest. Goldenfur halted and meowed “we should split up to hunt. We will be able to catch more prey. Then we will meet here when we are done.” The members of the patrol nodded. They spilt up and went to a different part of the forest.
Goldenfur opened her mouth and tasted the air. She spotted a squirrel nibbling on a nut on the tree. Goldenfur crept towards the tree. Then with a massive leap, she snagged the squirrel with her claws and the squirrel dropped to the ground.
The squirrel shrieked and it tried to run away. But Goldenfur was too fast. She caught up with the squirrel and fastened her teeth into the neck. The squirrel went limp and it dangled in Goldenfur’s jaw. She dug a hole and buried the squirrel. Goldenfur spotted a mouse at the same time. She stalked towards the mouse, keeping her paws silently on the ground. Then she pounced on the mouse and gave the killing bite. A warm tang of blood hung in the air.
Goldenfur collected her prey and went to find the others. When they gathered, the cats put their prey into a bundle. Grayfur glowed with pride. “I made a great catch today,” he exclaimed. “He caught two thrushes, a black bird and three mice,” Cloudfern replied proudly. “Well, it’s because Cloudfern has been a brilliant mentor,” Grayfur licked his pelt in embarrassment. Hawkfang congratulated him as well. Goldenfur meowed “let’s go back to camp.”
The patrol collected their prey and headed back to camp. As they reached the camp, they put the prey on the fresh-kill pile. They set off to do their warrior duties. Grayfur stood with a group of newly named warriors, including Silverbreeze, and was recounting his hunting experience. Sunpaw the only apprentice left was listening intently, his eyes shone with admiration.
Goldenfur followed Hawkfang and Cloudfern to strengthen the barrier at the camp entrance. As she was collecting sticks, she couldn’t help thinking will Clan life ever be the same again?

Hope that you like it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Goldenfur
Legend
Legend
Goldenfur

Prey Points : 3718

Character Sheet
Clan: SkyClan

Chapter 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5   Chapter 5 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:29 am

*Bump*