Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!
Treetop Whispers
Welcome to Treetop Whispers, a discussion forum for fans of the Warriors/Seekers series. The most complete Warrior Cats forum on the net, with discussion, roleplay, photo gallery, user profiles, and so much more!
Treetop Whispers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome back to Treetop Whispers, everyone! It has been far too long.
Don't forget to check your Friend Requests and Visitor Messages from time to time!

Mistyflight's Cry

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hollyleaf
Hollyleaf

Prey Points : 4

Mistyflight's Cry Empty
PostSubject: Mistyflight's Cry   Mistyflight's Cry EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Introduction

“Go find your own prey! Stormtail is mine!” Mistykit hissed to Wolfkit, who had begun to follow her as she crept towards the Clan deputy, Stormtail. Wolfkit gave a annoyed growl, but started creeping towards Rockpaw, a Clan apprentice.
“Okay, back to Stormtail.” Mistykit muttered to herself. She placed her paws expertly on the ground, and lowered her body into a perfect hunting crouch. She silently made her way to her prey. Even without the trees of the forest for hiding, she blended in perfectly, despite her odd coat color. She pulled herself forwards till she was in pouncing range. Gathering her strong hind legs underneath her, she leapt into the air, yowling a battle cry.

“SkyClan, Attack! She yowled, remembering the battle cry she heard Stormtail use in training. Stormtail jerked around, but it was to late. Mistykit had tumbled into him, unbalancing him. Mistykit gripped his back until he regained his balance, and then gave a happy squeal. Stormtail shook her off with a friendly hiss. Featherstar looked at her deputy, amused.

“Beaten by a kit, Stormtail? I thought you were better than that!” Featherstar teased lightly.Stormtail gave another friendly hiss, but was interrupted by a short yelp. Whipping around, they looked for the source. In the middle of the clearing of camp, was Wolfkit, who had pounced on Rockpaw. Rockpaw had given a small yowl, but soon realized who it was. He rolled him off and began play fighting. He soon had the kit pinned to the ground. Not wanting to miss action, Mistykit soon pounced on Rockpaw playfully. Mistykit did her mastered leap and twist, and landed squarely on Rockpaw’s back. Rockpaw did a quick roll, attempting to “Crush” her. She did a speedy jump off, and then did the difficult move of jumping over his head, clearing it, but still in blow range. After landing some soft blows, she land behind him. She did a quick leap into the air, slamming shoulder first into his side, knocking him over. She gracefully did a jump onto his side, pinning him down! She gave a yowl of glee, but soon jumped down, for her small weight couldn’t hold an older cat on the ground. Rockpaw gave a good natured growl, but stopped fighting.

“Rockpaw! Time for patrol!” A voice called impatiently.

“That would be Silverthorn!” He explained quickly, before dashing away. Mistykit gave a protesting squeak, but knew he had to go. Lucky Rockpaw. We can’t even leave camp, and he gets to go on patrol with warriors. Mistykit thought wistfully. And we still have 3 moons. Shaking off the sad feeling, she gazed around the camp. Her eyes fell on Dawnstripe, the medicine cat, for she was staring at her with a distant look. Mistykit was just in hearing range, and heard the quiet murmur of her voice.

“She’s the promised one.”

Chapter 1

“From this moment till the day you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Mistypaw. Your mentor will be Stoneheart.” Cheers erupted from the crowd, and the two newly named apprentices stood tall, taking in all of them. “Wolfpaw, Mistypaw!” They called happily, and Windflower and Dustclaw looked at them proudly. As their first litter, they were prouder of them than any other Clanmate. When the cheers died down, Mistypaw and Wolfpaw sprinted to their mentors, Stoneheart and Wildsong.

“Can we go on a patrol? Go train? Have a tour of the territory?” They asked immediately.Looking at each other, the two new mentors decided to go on a tour of the territory.

“Come with us. We’re going on a tour.” They meowed. The apprentices squealed in delight. Their happy squealing continued endlessly as they trotted out of the thorn barrier.

“I bet I will catch the first prey!” Mistypaw was boasting happily as the thorn barrier disappeared in the undergrowth.

“Bet you won’t!” He replied with a hint of a challenge in his voice.

“Your on!” Mistypaw growled playfully, hearing his challenge. She glanced at Stoneheart, but obviously wasn’t about to follow directions, because she sprinted away.

“Mistypaw! Get back here!” Her mentor yowled, but it was to late. She had disappeared into the undergrowth.

“I’ll go find her.” He stated. He followed her trail through the brush. Wolfpaw looked at Wildsong worriedly. Wildsong, reading his expression, answered.

“She’ll be fine. It’s not the first time a apprentice ran away from their-” Her meow was cut short when a unfamiliar battle cry cut through the frigid air.

“ThunderClan, Attack!!!” The cry echoed. Wildsong gasped in shock.

“ThunderClan!” She hissed angrily. “I should have known. Wolfpaw, follow me.” They sprinted through the trees, headed towards the sounds of battle. They arrived quickly. Wildsong launched herself straight into battle, yowling commands at Wolfpaw.

“Wolfpaw! Fetch help! Run back to camp and get more warriors.” Wolfpaw gave a small nod, and searched the battling cats for Mistypaw.

“Wolfpaw! Go!” Wildsong hissed through gritted teeth. “She is fine!” Wolfpaw gave a her a glance before sprinting through the undergrowth. The battle went on raging, and they were out numbered. If they were amazing warriors, it would be 3 for every cat. That’s nine warriors! They must have brought almost the whole Clan!

Where was Wolfpaw? They were only half way across the territory! It wasn’t like the mountains were between them!

She had just finished giving a strong blow to a brown she-cat, when a yowl split the air.

“Attack!”The yowl came from Stormtail. Exhausted, Two out of three cats who started the battle fell back. With shock, Wildsong and Stoneheart looked at each other in worry. Mistypaw! They let out worried yowls and plunged back into the battle, searching the warriors for Mistypaw.

“ThunderClan, Retreat!” The yowl sounded. With great relief, SkyClan stopped fighting. The ThunderClan cats retreated into their territory. Stoneheart searched the injured cats desperately, still searching for Mistypaw.

“Mistypaw! He yowled, spotting her. She ran over to him, asking

“Is it over? Mouse dung!” She hissed. Stoneheart checked her for injuries. She had a deep scratch on her shoulder, but was otherwise uninjured.

“Mistypaw, what happened?” Stoneheart asked.

“Uh, I fought in the battle that just happened right behind you, in cause you forgot.” Stoneheart looked at her, amused above anything else.

“You know what I meant! Did you fight from the beginning to end?”

“No, I just fought for a little while and then got bored, wandered into the forest and came back yowling ‘Is is over?’”

“Well, how was I supposed to know?” Stoneheart retorted.

“Common sense?” She replied. He gave a mock growl. She tensed as her mentor
gazed at her.
“You could be a strong warrior one day, but you need to stop wanting to go to battle. That could kill you.” Stoneheart told her. Mistypaw looked at Stoneheart, confused.
“How do you know I want to fight?” She asked.
Back to top Go down
Stormheart
Administrator
Administrator
Stormheart

Prey Points : 6089

Character Sheet
Clan: ThunderClan

Mistyflight's Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistyflight's Cry   Mistyflight's Cry EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Thats really good! I don't think Warriors Fest has started, yet though. (So we could leave this here and wait until it does start, or move it to the Fan-fictions, what ever you prefer...?)

~When I first glanced at Stoneheart I thought it said Stormheart. XP

Last edited by Stormheart on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Administrator
Administrator
Mosspelt

Prey Points : 5465

Character Sheet
Clan: ThunderClan

Mistyflight's Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistyflight's Cry   Mistyflight's Cry EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Amazing! You're a wonderful story teller! And Storm is right, WarriorsFest has been postponed, so I'll just move it. (:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mistyflight's Cry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistyflight's Cry   Mistyflight's Cry Empty

Back to top Go down

Mistyflight's Cry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Treetop Whispers :: Fan Works :: Fanfiction-
Jump to: